This is what I believe to be true, people change their opinions because of others. I also believe YouTubers take part in changing these views.
Ever since the first King or Queen of whatever country you are from, people have always revered someone seen from a higher status. Using their upper class power to control or "advise" others on their beliefs and opinions. The Celebrities of this generation have become the new kings and queens of the world. So much so that we started to call them queens and kings. Queen Bey (Beyonce) and King Jay (Jay-Z) are just one example
With PewDiePie, the king of subscribers on YouTube with almost 50 million (His Channel). Another YouTuber like Tyler Oakley (8.1 million subscribers) is known as the queen of collaborations. Now Oakley has partnered with Ellen DeGeneres show and interviewing other celebrities from all types of arts and fields (An article by Variety).
YouTubers have effect of inspire or change on their audiences. YouTubers have also used this fame to help other charities or causes in need by doing birthday live-streams with a fundraiser. Tyler Oakley and Connor Franta (5.6 million subscribers) have done these live-stream donation parties to raise money for clean water in third world countries and for LGBTQ suicide prevention and protection (Other fundraisers done by YouTubers).
It has gotten to an extreme level of worship and commitment that fans travel sometimes thousands of miles just see the face of these "celebrities".
Many YouTubers used their fame to help in this past 2016 Election, but that's all I want to say about this year's election.
Though this social media platform is only one of many, I feel as though YouTube has one of the biggest impacts on viewers ideals and viewpoints because of the effort and emotion put into each video.
Question of the post:
Would you change for a celebrity? Comment down below. Was it a big thing? Small thing? I'd appreciate and love to know :)
Remember to Like, Comment, and Subscribe (Follow, Comment, and comeback next post).
And I will see you guys next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment